Client First Visit Date: This is always pulled from your practice management system. This date is used when searching for new clients for the New Clients KPI and also displayed in client detail listing.
Patient First Visit Date: This date is used when searching for new patients for the New Patients KPI and also displayed in patient detail listing.
The Patient First Visit Date can be defined as one of the following:
1. Date when a specific procedure was performed
This option allows you to define the patient's First visit date as the date when a specific item was invoiced for that patient on that day.
2. Date when the patient first visited the practice
This option sets the patient's first visit date to the first visit date according to your practice management system.
3. Date of first transaction/procedure performed
This option allows you to define the Patient First Visit Date as the date when the patient's first transaction/procedure is performed.
Below is the setup screen in Optimizer Classic where you can configure how New Patients are defined. To access this screen:
- Go to the "gear icon" in the upper right hand corner to the Settings menu
- Select Practice Setup
- In the new window select New Patients from the menu on the left