Problems With Authentication
The first step of the Installer is to log in to the client's Sikka Account. This is the same username and password entered on the registration form. In the event the password needs to be reset please follow the "Forgot password?" link above the password box. The best practice is to use a valid email address on the registration page. An email will be sent to the registered email address with a verification code that is required to complete the password reset.
You may encounter an issue where clicking the "Login" button at the bottom of the window does not advance the installer to the next step. The installer requires both a secure connection to the internet and open communication to our servers. We recommend having all Windows Updates applied before installing our utility on the PC. Our utility communicates on ports 80 and 443, but the traffic can still be blocked to our servers by a Firewall or Network appliance.
Practice Management System (PMS) Auto-detect Failed
The auto-detect process attempts to populate the Practice Management System, Version, Data Path, and Database name (where applicable). If any of the four data points fail to auto-detect the Installer will display a screen similar to below
- Click the "Edit" link to see what data points were detected (if any)
In some cases, the Version is what failed to auto-detect. This can happen if the Practice Management System was upgraded from one version to another. Below is a case where Dentrix was upgraded from version 14 (G4) to version 15 (G5)
In other cases, there may be an additional "Database Name" Filed that is blank. This indicates that our utility is unable to communicate with the Practice Management System Database. For this issue please visit support.sikkasoft.com and open a ticket.
The best practice for any issue encountered at this step of the installation is to reference our Data Path and Version Guide for assistance configuring the Practice Management System or Financial System. If the auto-detect process failed for any reason please visit support.sikkasoft.com and open a ticket to let us know.
Financial System Auto-detected But Is Not Needed
If the Financial System data is accessible from the computer where our SPC is being installed the auto-detect process will attempt integration. The Financial System data is not always needed or wanted.
- To Deselect the Financial System click the "Edit" link in the Financial System Configuration pane.
- From The "Financial System" drop-down menu select the blank space above QuickBooks as seen below
- Click the "Select" button. There will be a warning symbol that flashes next to the Version and Data Path fields.
- Click the "Cancel Button" and you will be returned to the previous screen of the installation wizard. The Name and Data Path in the Financial System Configuration pane should now read "None found". From here you may proceed with the installation without the Financial System Integration
Error Refreshing Data, Please Check Data Path and Version
This error message is generic and indicates there was an issue with communication between our utility and the Practice Management System Database.
Refer to this article for details on the following troubleshooting
- Check the Data Path and Version Settings.
- Check If the Computer Where the SPC Is Installed Has Access to the Practice Management System (PMS) Database
- Verify the SPC Is Not Being Blocked by Security Software
Data Refresh Takes a Long Time To Complete
The time a refresh takes to complete depends on a number of variables including but not limited to:
- The specs of the computer our utility are installed on
- The size of the database
- Internet connection
- Other processes running on the PC at the same time
A small percentage of installations will take longer than two hours to refresh. After the Install step completes you will be prompted if you want to delay the refresh. For the main four dental Practice Management systems this is not necessary, however, you may want to skip the refresh step to shorten the overall time spent on an installation